Did some car things


This week I will mostly work in the afternoons.


Tuesday I made time to visit Don the mechanic.


One thing I did was bring home parts from a car that I wrecked four years ago.

I had left many extra parts at Don's shop in case some one else needed them.

Now that he's leaving, I don't want the parts to get thrown in the trash.

















I quickly filled the trunk and the back seat area with boxes of parts.

They are still in the car until I figure out what to do with them!


Don also took off the front wheel and found a loose bolt.

This took care of a noise from the brake that had been bothering me for months.


I still have an issue with a light bulb in front.

















It had been acting up all month, but I couldn't get it to do "that thing" at the shop.

It was working normally all day until I got home. Go figure.


I also learned there isn't a replacement glass for the other light, a missing fog light.


I've been meaning to tint the windows on the green car, too.

Don recommended a place that did this friend's car. (Sorry, it's dusty)















The tint company said that he used "dark" on the back and "medium" on the sides.

I don't think it is dark enough!

The red car already had tint when I bought it.















It has "limo" on the back and "dark" on the sides.
















There are laws against tinting your windows this dark in CA.
Especially the side windows.

But many cars come tinted from the factory like this, now.

I have had the red car 4 years and never had an issue, but the green car is louder.

I plan to get it done on Friday, if the car can keep together that long...

I'm probably going to go with limo in the back, even though it's not recommended,
just so they match.


Meanwhile, my caterpillars all turned into cocoons, 1 day apart!


























Comments

  1. Good seeing you today! I ENJOY THE CAR NEWS AND THE CATERPILLER'S GROWTH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts