setbacks and disappointments


This weekend was my birthday!

























My co-workers gave me a gift and balloons!

The gift was aromatherapy, a candle and a beautiful candle holder with a prayer.

The candle holder looks so nice on my desk, I will keep it there.




















The office will be remodeled in a few weeks.

We'll be getting new cubicles, paint and carpet.

The new arrangement will hopefully give us more space between the workers.



Sam the dog suddenly started limping and was very depressed on Friday.
















Here he got into the other dog's bed (under my desk), and sulked.

Sammy is 9 and Blackie is 15.

He's gotten into a lot a lot trouble, but he had never been injured before.

Here he's getting some sympathy from Dad.

























I was afraid it was his CCL (like the ACL tendon in humans)

I'm somewhat familiar with the injury, it can only be fixed with a $3,000 surgery.

Saturday we went to the vet. The vet seemed to think it was the knee joint also.


Luckily, the X-rays did not reveal anything.

The vet said that doesn't mean it isn't injured, but for now, he doesn't need surgery.

Sam got doggie Ibuprofen and was feeling better right away.



Sammy likes jumping onto things.

He would try jumping on anything, and if he fell off, he'd try again.

For a short while, we even did Agility (jumping through a course.)


Those days are sadly over.

We moved all the chairs and things in the yard so he can't accidentally re-injure himself.

















Sam's bed used to be a folding chair.

















It was nice because he couldn't drag it out the dog door.

Since he shouldn't be jumping, I bought him (and Blackie) some cushion beds.

(This one is covered with a beach towel to make it last)



















We'll see how long 'till he feels well enough to drag it out in the yard...



On Sunday I thought I would take a trip to the beach.

I washed the cars.

Sunday was to be the first day I could roll the windows down on the green car.

To my horror, I found BUBBLES!!! in the new tint.















The BUBBLES!!! are only on this section, on the right rear glass.

I am shocked! I expected better.

I'm going back to the shop today to complain.

I'm afraid they will tell me my car was just too old and dirty.

Or least worst, I'll have to spend another day while they re-do it.


Here's the red car (a little dusty), with no bubbles, for comparison.


Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Julie, and i wish you a happiest, healthy,year ahead for you, your Dad, Blackie, Sam, Don and all of your family & friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts