Letting go


Do you ever feel like some days have a common theme?


Today before work, I drove to the tint shop to complain about the bubbles in the tint.

On the way there, there was a large traffic jam, on the 57 freeway.















A large construction vehicle had somehow landed on the center divider.

It looked bad and blocked lanes in both directions!

I was stuck in traffic for half an hour, but I think no one was seriously hurt.



(I never noticed how many Teslas there are, until now. Thanks, Jacki.)



At the tint place, they said they could probably "press" the bubbles out.
















They look a little smaller than the last time I looked, but I'm still upset.

I will take it there tomorrow (Thursday) morning.


I stopped to visit Don, whose shop is near the tint place.

The green car was cleaner than usual, so I had to take a picture.
















The sun was very bright, so the photo was a little boring and lacking contrast.


I found out that Don will have his operation at the end of this month.

He said he has so many projects left to do, he plans to keep working until December!

It's hard to let go sometimes.


On the way back home I bypassed the traffic which was piling up.
















Apparently the truck hit a big sign hanging over the freeway.

The freeway now had to be closed to inspect the sign.

I was lucky to get through before they closed it!


Yesterday, I noticed the smallest of the butterfly cocoons was turning color.

























When they turn from green to transparent, it means it will hatch in one day.

Sure enough, this morning, a monarch butterfly had emerged!

























I put the container outside.

























This was the first caterpillar to make a cocoon, but it was half the size of the other two.

Before I went to work in the afternoon, the butterfly still hadn't left the jar.

I hope it is OK and not deformed.

The other two should hatch tomorrow and Friday.



At work, I was looking in some rooms for some archived books.

The building used to be a convent.

The rooms have been turned into offices, as needed.


In one empty room, I spotted some old curtains.

























My old curtains.

When I was twelve, I really liked airplanes.

I picked out this fabric and asked my mom to sew it into curtains.

























My mom could sew, but mostly simple things like these curtains.

I don't have many things that she made by hand.


I knew she donated the old curtains to the office, to cover the many empty windows.

There was a big clean-up a few years ago and I figured they were thrown out.


Now they are back...

Sometimes it's hard to let things go.


Comments

  1. So true, letting go is difficult for most of us? There are a lot more lexus now that they came out with the smaller only slightly more affordable for some. I like the grey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts