Just a few updates and projects going on


Sammy's sore leg is doing much better and he is back to his cheerful self.

























I will have to keep it in mind, he may still need surgery someday.


On Friday, the window tint place poked around, but they could not fix the issue.

Inside each "bubble" is a tiny piece of metal welded to the glass!

























This apparently happened sometime during the car's body work.

They can't scrape the metal bits off without damaging the glass.

The tint place has a lifetime guarantee.

They said would be happy to re-do the tint if I ever bought a new back window!
















This is unlikely to happen, but I'm glad to know that it's a possibility.

Meanwhile I am not as bothered, it's just in one area of the glass.



Also Friday, the 2nd butterfly emerged from its jar, and for a while it went missing!




















It had fallen under some furniture, but it was fine.

























After I put it on a plant outside, it flew away.




















The last cocoon is taking its time to hatch.

Here it is this afternoon (Sunday.) You can totally see the butterfly inside:

























I thought it would hatch this morning (two days after the middle one.)


I made a few earrings, yesterday.

























I wonder if I was inspired by the butterflies?
























Actually I've made several earrings through the month.

I keep forgetting to blog about it!


Last week, I tried to drill through a piece of "sea glass."

























This is "vase filler" that you can get at any craft store.

It was very hard, harder than a seashell.

























I only managed to etch it, but I only tried for about 15 minutes before giving up.

I think the drill bits I got recently, aren't the right kind for drilling holes.



Today, (Sunday) is a day off. I hope to go to the beach after chores.


Last week I worked a later shift, so I missed a bunch of good sunsets.

The kids are going back to school, so the beaches will start to be empty!


I saw a project on Pinterest that involved drilling soft beach rocks...

Comments

  1. I like all of your updatss.Sammy, the window tint, the butterfly, the cocoon, jewelry. Fun to learn so much. Thank Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts