Gardening


Monday and Tuesday, I did gardening.

I guess I haven't been in the back yard all summer.

Everything was all overgrown.

This used to be a rose bush.

























This fish pond needs to be thinned out.


















Here you can see the water Hyacinth in the back, water lily in front.

The light green plant on the sides is Water Lettuce.


It can fill up with plants until there is no water left.


Here is the pond about half-way cleaned out.















There are two water lily plants, I have trimmed the one on the left.

The water lily has a root like a trunk. I need to chop it with a shovel.


Here is what used to be a trellis, with jasmine.

























The big spider webs stopped me from getting to the other side.

























Actually, the spiders and mosquitoes are the excuse I used to stay inside all summer.

























Chopping this up reminded me of Greek myths-

Hydras that sprouted more heads, and Herculean tasks.


Here is that side of the trellis now cleaned up.

















I still need to do this side by the house:

























I will have to put a little ladder in the pond to reach the branches.

Here is the pile of leaves leaves that went into Tuesday morning trash:


















And the roses all neatly trimmed again.


Tuesday afternoon, I filled another green trash can of stuff.


Everywhere I looked, I saw more tangles of plants.

























Gardening is good exercise, satisfying, but a little less fun than playing with cars.

























Now I must wait another week for the next trash day, to finish the other half!


Comments

  1. You made a lot of progress and that's always satisfying. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts