Craft supplies and window tint


Thursday was the last week of artist Jacki's journal class.

We made a booklet out of folded paper.

























Assembling the booklet was an interesting challenge.














I filled my booklet with people, cut and pasted from a magazine.















It was fun!


I was driving the Red car, so after the class, I stopped by the tint place.

The Red car already had window tint when I bought it.

I had doubts about what shade to choose for the Green car, so I showed them the Red one.

The people at the tint place helped me choose a similar shade. (It was not Limo tint.)



Friday I got up early and was at the tint shop by 8 am.

They said it would take a few hours and they weren't kidding.

I spent a few hours in the waiting room.

























This place had a lot of customers, mostly for cars but they also do windows.

I read most of a book of Game of Thrones.


Don's shop is nearby. He was not busy doing errands and I asked him for a ride.

We went to Harbor Freight and I found a set of diamond coated Dremel bits.

























It was $20.

They may not last long, but just one of these bits cost about $6 at Home Depot.

While I was sitting around, I looked up ideas for projects to use them.


Don was working on this 64 Chevelle.















It spent many months at the same body shop that did the Green car.

It's not finished on the outside, but the engine bay has been painted.






































This is called an inline 6 cylinder motor.

I thought it looked neat, but Don says they aren't worth anything because it's a V-6.

Don is going to install one of his famous V-8 motors.


I went back to the tint place, and the Green car was finally done, at 5 pm.

Here it is back at home with the "good" twin.















I think the color came out fine. You can still see inside, but not all the junk.


I can't find a "before" picture at this angle, but here is a "before" from the side:















Mostly, the tint just makes the car look better. Most new cars nowadays have tint.



It took all of my day off, but it was well worth the wait.

But no driving for 2 days, until it cures.

I'm not allowed to roll the windows up or down until Sunday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts