The Carnival is Here! And I Borrowed A Lizard.


Yesterday after work I made some more crafts.















I missed another good sunset, but I figure I'm getting my exercise in a way...

This week the carnival company trucks arrived at the church.

Today, Wednesday, they set up the rides.

This was my view from the office window:

























I'm sure they are grateful today was a few degrees cooler than yesterday.

I am glad to see they brought back some very good rides I haven't seen in years:
















Not yet assembled is the Zipper, the scariest and best ride of this kind of carnival!

This area will be the booths:















This year they also used the back parking lot for even more rides.

I walked to work because parking will be scarce for the next few days.


While I was walking to work, I saw a fence lizard.

It was a long fence, and instead of hiding, it ran along the sidewalk until it got tired.

I scooped it up carefully (it didn't lose the tail)

and went to work with a lizard in my hand!


Luckily the person I met at the desk was Joseph, who doesn't scare easy.

I put it in a big jar.

























Giving me an outraged look!

It was tempting, but I managed not "show it off" to anyone else.

(I work with a bunch of church ladies. Nuff said.)

























Only 5 calories!

I was surprised to see it had this beautiful blue belly.

(The ugly thing around its neck is a Jacaranda flower)

























I brought it home and put it on the cinder block fence where my other lizard lives.

I forget where I caught the other one...


It's a long shot, but I hope they can be the same species, and make a family!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts