Hammered metal and a Dremel tool


The jacaranda trees on my street are in full bloom.















I go to the pier once or twice a week, but the weather there has been mostly gray.


I have been driving the green car all week.

The problem with the turn signals, the light on the dash, went away for no reason!

But now that it has fewer problems, it makes me want to drive more, and walk less!


I haven't posted my jewelry-making lately, but I have made many interesting things.






















Most of the things I made were not original, but copied from things I saw on the internet.


Over the weekend I cut out some metal shapes, and hammered on them.

























I was making a center piece to make some earrings like these:



















I had a lot of edges to sand down.

























I remembered my dad loaned me an old Dremel tool, but I'e almost never used it.

























I tried to sand down the metal edges but I felt like they just got sharper!

















I got an idea to make holes in seashells.

This is why I borrowed the Dremel tool in the first place.

These blue shells I bought at the pier a few weeks ago, needed holes.




















I can't remember ever using the Dremel before, but it was pretty straightforward.

The only difficulty was that the drill bits were all larger than I needed.

I made these earrings which are now my favorites:

























I also painted a little copper edge around the dull side of the shell.

I used Testor's enamel paint for model cars.

















This week I will be searching for a pointier drill bit.

I have a lot of shells left over from a project I did several months ago.



















Comments

  1. Maybe your green car just wanted you to drive it more? Your jacaranda are stunning. Great jewelry, I love seeing your projects, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts