June continues to be gloomy


Everything went well at the church carnival, without incident.

The extra section with the kiddie rides was popular:















They brought back some good rides I haven't seen in awhile, like the Zipper.

























There were a lot of people, despite the lack of parking.















I usually like the energy of crowds but I found it hard to stay motivated.















Mostly I did household chores, and went to eat dinner with Dad on Sunday.

As a result, I didn't take enough "creative" pictures of the carnival, as I'd hoped.

























I took a few dozen pictures, but if I took 200 shots I'd have gotten something better.















By Tuesday I was recovered and went to the Seal Beach Pier to walk.

I left work at 6:30 so there wasn't much time to walk, even with the longer day.















The weather has been pretty much gray, except for a few hours each afternoon.















Then the clouds roll back in.

(Spring is a much nicer time to take pictures of the sky around here.)

I walked to the end where the jetty is.















It was well dark when I got back to the pier.

















I think these lights would be more interesting if the weather were less gray.


Today (Wednesday) was sunnier.

I went to the HB pier.

I also got there after sunset, too late to do much walking.















The "Marine Layer" is nice, it is not exactly coastal fog, it stays off the ground.

Just when the summer is about to get hot, it rolls in to keep things cool.















If it doesn't go away, it is also just the height to ruin the Fourth of July fireworks.


Friday is my next day off, and I hope the weather and myself will have more vigor!


Comments

  1. You still got some great photos JULIE, I liked seeing the crowds enjoying the carnival and the zipper was terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts