Paper flowers


The upcoming church festival is Luau themed.

There are a lot of online DIY decoration ideas.

I hope the office will make a bulk order of leis to give everyone.

One idea I saw online were these paper Hawaiian flowers.

https://www.abbikirstencollections.com/2016/10/how-to-make-giant-hawaiian-paper-flowers.html

They are easy to make

But colored card stock is expensive, can be almost 50 cents a sheet!

I went to the craft stores. Even with a discount coupon, it was prohibitive.

Luckily I'm a life-long craft-er and I already had hoards of colored card stock.

I divided the paper up into piles















The cat was happy I made her a new bed.


















She requires a novel new bed / bedspread about every 3 days.


Here are some of the works in progress.















Basically I made a stencil of a Plumeria flower petal. (Available online)

I glued it in a sort of cone, with hot glue. Then a smaller cone of paper inside.

























On the backside I hot glued a circle of card stock, to stabilize it.

I still need a front center piece...


I was using "pastel" or "brights" paper that you can get at any office supply.

The colors weren't perfectly tropical, so maybe I'll get some from a craft store.


I went to the Irvine Spectrum for a random walk.

I saw a neat window display at Anthropologie.

























(Anthro window displays rock. How do you get that job?)

On closer inspection it looks like cardboard with gesso.

























I think I'd rather just pluck the real Monstera in my back yard.
















Making all those fancy cuts in paper is just too much!


Comments

  1. I love seeing your projects and ingenuity.
    Also loved the cat making herself at home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts