More tropical crafts


Today after work I finished a seashell craft I mentioned earlier.

Dad noticed I was having trouble using the Dremel tool to make holes in seashells.

It was hard to "start" a hole because the tool would bounce around at first.

Sometimes the seashell would go flying!

They are tough.

I mentioned a drill press, and he found this online! I didn't know they made this.

It was not expensive, like $40. He had fun putting it together, too.


















I was glad it fit on my mini - roll top- tool bench in the patio.

(I had to clean off the work bench, and that was a good thing.)

It works really great. Actually my "Dremel" is a "Craftsman." But they cooperate.

























I can see why they call it a "press" because you can kind-of apply pressure too.

I used the press to make holes in seashells to make a surprise for the fair.

























It took a long time to make the holes, about an hour (or that day's worth of crafting)
to do about twenty shells.

I was making a seashell garland with raffia and jute twine, that I copied online.

I'm going to surprise my co-workers.

























The raffia only cost $1 a pack at the Dollar Tree. I used half of one package.















The holes I'd made in the shells were only JUST big enough for the jute twine.

























I made a garland that was over 20 feet long!






































Here are also some of the cardstock flowers I'm making, too.

I'm calling them Plume-Biscus because they aren't quite either.


I've made about a dozen. I expect to make about 25 by next weekend.

So far I haven't had to buy paper, I made them all with "scrap" paper.


Today I also placed a center bit, to hide the hot glue that holds them together.
















I also included some pipe-cleaner stamens.

























The cat came by when I was assembling the seashell garland.

















(The patio is her room, where the dogs cant go,
with her food and litter box for rainy days.)

I put a lei on her.
























Not amused!!!

Comments

  1. Yes,she doesn't look thrilled. Love your projects.Also love your roll-top desk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts