Various Projects, continued. Murakami - inspired ball.

I'm working on multiple projects right now. 

Even if I don't post every day, I'm always busy.

Here are some earrings I made recently.

I've discovered that my inspiration doesn't always match the season.

These will be nice for late summer:

I made these chunky chandelier earrings from actual chandelier crystals:

I might wear these other earrings (I think this is last year's trend) more often:


On many days, I painted on my Dragon's eggs. This batch is taking forever!

I keep adding layers of paint, each which takes a day to dry. It's not very satisfying.

I found some trim for the front side of the sunflower-button jean jacket.

Also some iron-on patches.


I wore the other, more "colorful" jacket to the grocery store the other day.

I was in a hurry and forgot I was wearing it. 

A little kid ran up to me and grabbed onto me. I was startled, to say the least!

Later, I realized it was just the pied- piper effect of the jacket!

I'm going to have to remember that, the next time I wear it out.


Here is what I am doing with the sequins that I didn't turn into earrings:

I'm making a sequin ornament, inspired by the Japanese pop-artist Takashi Murakami.

If you don't know who that is, when you look it up, it will probably seem familiar.

I'm not a huge fan of pop art, but when I saw these sequins, I knew I had to try it.


I got the second-largest styrofoam ball from the craft store.

It was almost $20, (but I used my half-off coupon.) 

I haven't used styrofoam since I was a kid, but apparently since it's bad for the environment, it's super expensive now.

I didn't plan anything out, just started sticking pins into sequins.


I had a general idea of what I needed to do. 

Kind of make a sequin stack.


This is a way to make Christmas ornaments.

I didn't want it to look like a Christmas ornament. I was trying to make a Murakami Ball.

I started with flower shapes.


Since I didn't measure or plan, the flowery shapes I made across the circumference, ended up a little short:

Maybe I should have painted the ball first. It's really crusty and crumbly.

Today, I filled in the gaps with other sequins.

I'm all out of those large, round sequins, which were the base of the design!

I think Hobby Lobby sells them, sorted by size...


My dad asked what I was going to do with this, when I finished.

I don't know what it is or why I'm making it! 

It's going to take awhile, but it will look cool when it's done...


Comments

  1. I think your earrings are amazing! And, I think it's a great idea to jump around on your projects, as it keeps you fresh. You know, Dad's are always so good at asking the practical questions. Artists aren't too practical, by nature?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts