Red Car has been repaired

On Wednesday I finally called the new mechanic to do the brakes on the Red car.

He is from a family at my church. His wife recommended him to me often, but I never needed another mechanic until this year.

He was busy Wednesday, so I made arrangements to arrive early on Thursday.

I was apprehensive to arrive at a totally new place. 


It was all closed up.

While I waited, I saw this really interesting looking Z-car in the parking lot.

I have the same feeling about old cars, that some people have for kittens or puppies...

(Luckily this stray car belongs to a neighboring shop, not the one I'm going to)


Eventually I found the right place. 

The mechanic had been eating breakfast and didn't hear my call.

I was really pleased to see the inside looked like it had been there awhile.


The mess made me feel at ease.


The Red car needed new brake pads and to have the caliper replaced (I had that part already)

I felt like I hardly needed to explain anything at all to the mechanic.

He seemed to know what I needed to do.


The repairs ended up being costing exactly what I expected, and it was all done in one day! 


I even mentioned the Green Car's transmission problems. 

He doesn't do transmissions, but he said that it could be just the FILTER. The filter!

I never even considered that! Wouldn't it be nice if that was all it was?


For now, I'm happy to have a nice, quiet, non-screechy Red car again.

Next stop - the beach!

Comments

  1. Yeah!!! I am so happy for you to have your red car in shape, and for the possibility of an easy fix for the green. Sounds promising. By the way, I used to have that Z car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z Cars are my 2nd favorite 80's car. I almost bought one a few times

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts