Updates on the sequin ball and other things

My last post was a little dark, so I decided to post again as soon a possible.

Blackie is doing much better. 

I trimmed the hair on his feet so he could get better grip.

A foot:


The hair grows as much on top of the foot as it does underneath, in between his toes.

I do this occasionally (and his toenails of course,) but the hair is really the bigger problem.

It's like wearing socks.

Here is about almost done. 

He really hates it. It's not a pretty look, but it helps.

I'm happy to say that he still has enough energy, that I had to wrestle him to do the trim!


Here's some of the week's crafts:


I'm having a hard time finding the very large, round sequins I need to finish the sequin ball.


One day I found these holographic paper doilies in the party section at Michael's.

I thought these would make it easier to cover large sections of the foam ball.

They are flat so they didn't lay on the round ball correctly.

I solved that problem by cutting the doily.


Then I started sticking in the pins with the sequins.


There seemed to be too many holes, that I had to cover.

I felt like it wasn't a very efficient use of pins.

Also it doesn't look as much like the Murakami design. And it took like an hour!

Even if the design ends up different, the sequin ball will look amazing when it's done.


My dragon's eggs have been going together very slowly, mostly because I am unhappy with the underlying paint color. 

The decorating part is the easy part.

I finally finished a couple more:




I finally finished the base color on the other 5 or 6 eggs, so I'll have them done in a day or two.



Comments

Popular Posts