An angel for the garden

This weekend was kind of boring, at least for things to take pictures of.

I did drive toward the beach, but it was late, and I didn't stop to get out.


I bought some flowers to plant in my front yard.

I started digging up a weedy area that I didn't dig up last year.

I don't have a "before" picture, but here is "in the middle of" digging out the weeds.

It's important that I dig it up now, before the ground gets dry and hard.

The parts of the strip that are closest to the house, are in better shape.

I dug and planted this area a year or two ago, and it's mostly weed-free.

This area was kind of dead in the winter:


Now it is all grown back again:


This jasmine, (climbing up a plumeria) scents up the whole neighborhood:



I went to Hobby Lobby, and thought about getting another rabbit or gnome, for decoration.


They have aisles of the stuff, and I couldn't decide what to get.

Instead I saw this angel with a broken hand! I had to get it because it was special.

I couldn't find the hand, but that doesn't matter.

I might make a hand from clay, or I might leave it like this! 

Now, I wonder what it was holding? 

I'm going to have to look on their website...


Comments

  1. You must feel great after all that work, and it really shows! I think the angel might have held a bird? But, I like her as she is, as you said, she is special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts