Old News and Old Dogs

March 1 was the one year anniversary of the man shot inside the church.

There is a Very Graphic police body cam video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTzVPqYNyDg

It's not bloody, but it's very intense. I don't know if I posted the link before...


The Register (local newspaper) had an article about it on Monday, how the case is closed now:

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/03/15/fatal-police-shooting-of-armed-man-at-santa-ana-church-ruled-justified-by-da/

I finally learned the name of the man who lost his life. He didn't seem to be anyone we knew. Most of the other details I figured out from witnesses. 


One of my dogs, Blackie, is aged 16 years and 10 months and having the regular aging problems.


Sammy here is usually a jerk to him, so it's  telling that he was by his side.

Blackie was sore about two months ago and needed help getting up, but he improved after a day or two.

He was painful yesterday again, and had an accident today. This room is the garage so no big deal, but  my dogs are completely housebroken so that was a 1st or 2nd time ever, so he is embarrassed.

Blackie is about the my 4th lifetime dog, so I'm familiar with the situation.

They are both about 55 lbs so I can help him up. My dad uses the towel to help him up.


But I kind of know that look in his eyes...

But as I'm typing and getting way too weepy, he's still able to get up and let me know he's OK.

And I felt a fuzzy tail and it's the cat letting me know it's all right, too.

Who really knows when it's their time?


Comments

  1. I am so sorry, Julie. I too have been through it several times and it doesn't get any easier. They are family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts