The sixth week of quarantine


This week was much like last week.

I did more gardening, but forgot to take the "after" pictures.
Here is one shrub before I cut it:

I saw an oriole.
They nest in the area every year, and winter in Mexico.
They are said to like grape jelly, so I made this feeder yesterday.
I will update if I see any birds on it!

I write and draw in my journal every day.
I've been doing more art than ever, but not feeling like sharing it.
Here's a couple pages:


The pictures are not related.
I just like drawing something easy that I can color in, to cover the whole page.

I am starting a new project, using recycled plastic bottles.
This is the idea I saw on Pinterest:
You can heat the plastic to create this effect, then make jewelry and stuff.
I got the concept, but not too happy yet with the results:

This week I also visited Don the mechanic again.
I needed new catalytic converters on the Green car, to pass the smog test.

It's hard to stay away, since he will be closing his shop in a week or so.
We all wore masks of course.

His expertise is in making exhausts, so I wanted him to do it before he left.
It was an all-day project.

The cats are supposed to have a material inside to filter smog.
It breaks down over time.
As you can see, the old ones have nothing inside:

I plan to visit Don at least once more before he closes.
I still need to pick up my old racing tires.

Comments

  1. Glad you are doing well. Seems like Don has been going to clase for a long, long tome? Glad he can helpyou before he does close. Take care, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I met Don in 2003 he was going to retire

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts