How I spent my Monday (mostly outside)

On Monday I walked to work.

I saw that the jacaranda trees on the street are starting to bloom.
I am still working 2 1/2 hours a week, mostly on the church newsletter.

Tomorrow, some of the staff members are going to plot out the interior of the church,
to figure out how many people we can allow inside to comply with social distancing.
I hope this is a sign that we'll open before the end of May!

After work I did some gardening.

These are some herbs I planted about a month ago.
These were new seeds I got at the grocery.

I also tried sprouting some old seeds from a couple years back.
They didn't sprout, ^ except for one tiny piece of Lavender.

These are some tomatoes that my brother mailed me for Christmas:

He sent like 5 or 6 varieties!
We already have one full size tomato outside that we started many months ago.
We're going to have a lot of tomatoes!

I planted these beans and squash only two weeks ago, and they are growing very fast.

I went to the Home Depot for the first time in many months.
I deliberately only bought what I needed: potting soil (and firewood)
Well OK, and two little flowers for the flower box in the front.

Despite all the foolishness at the beaches this weekend, everyone in the Home Depot was wearing masks and staying 6 feet apart.

Here's a view of most of the back yard,
facing south:

I've been gradually clearing the junk out of this back corner by the shed.
Here's what it looked like about 2 weeks ago:

This is / was a nice sunny corner.
I plan to put containers on a rack on the right, and taming the blackberries on the left

Here's a little more progress, today:
(All major work has to be inspected by the cat.)
That wheelbarrow is in the first picture above, but you couldn't see it in all the blackberry!

Now that I could get to them, I picked some blackberries.

I've also been waiting for these sparrows to come out of this bird house!

All week the parents have been standing outside and calling to the chicks.
They will be ready to fly, any day now.


Comments

  1. Gardening and being outside it so good for us. I bet you were tired but it felt good?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts