A Good Friday

I'm a little behind on my posts...

On Friday I ventured to Huntington Beach!
It was my only outing of the week.
The pier is closed, but the beach is (or was) still accessible.

I wore a mask, at least when people were around.

They are old dust masks from crafting.
The elastic isn't good anymore. And it fogs up my glasses!

It was still cold and gloomy from the rain, which I liked, because there were less people.
The tide was low despite the waves from the storm.

The ocean was foamy.

There were black clouds to the south, which made a nice black & white picture.

I saw a rainbow!

It was pretty exciting, since I've never seen one over the water before.

The rainbow lasted until the sun went all the way down.

It reminded me of God's promise to Noah, that we will make it through this.


I've been trying to get up early instead of sleeping in, and my mood and energy is up!

Saturday I spent several hours gardening, and cleaning the patio.
I'll blog about it next time.


Comments

  1. What a beautiful blog, I will let friend Lynn in Colorado know, as she enjoys your photos, and the beach especially. happy Easter days, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, this is Lynn from Colorado! Jacki is right. I thoroughly enjoyed these spectacular shots of the Pacific. It is these types of beautiful sweeping views that let me smell that air. I don't think I have ever seen a rainbow over the ocean either. Thank you so much for the gift of these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn and Jacki for following my blog!
      I take photos of the beach as if I might never see it again, because life is like that.

      Delete
    2. Julie I would enjoy following your blog. I am not quite sure how to do that. Jacki kindly sent this to me because she knows how much I miss the ocean. I was raised in Ventura but now live in the Colorado Rockies. Could you let me know how to sign up for your blog. It is probably right in clear sight but I don't see it ;-) Thanks, Lynn

      Delete
    3. I don't think this program allows you to get notified when I post. I'm not an expert at blogging either, I'm trying to copy Jacki's blog, myself!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts