Some random earrings

I've been writing or drawing in my journal every day, but mostly nothing is "finished" that I feel like posting.

Here is a study of some sage flowers I picked from my garden:


I haven't made any jewelry for a few weeks.
When the quarantine started, I filled my head with ideas from Pinterest.

But recently, when I contemplate making jewelry, another thought creeps into my mind: When will I ever go out and wear it?

Today though, I was up at 1 am and not feeling so discouraged.
I knew I wanted to make dark blue bead earrings, but not sure what style.

This is the original idea I saw on Pinterest:

Here I laid out some of the things I used to make them:
Here is how I started assembling it:

It was a chain of 10 links with two bead pins on each side.
If I counted, that would be 40 pins!

Sometimes you will see a craft magazine with a project and it will start out with instructions, and it will say, "you need 50 beads of this color, 10 of another, etc."

When I make something, I try to block out "how many it would take" from my mind, or I would never get started!

Here it is a little farther along:

It took about 2 hrs.


At this point I decided to rearrange the earrings so that they dangled better.
Also, I added a few more pins to cover the chain in the middle and make it look "fuller."

Here is what they look like, finished.

Now that they are done, I want to attach a meaning or feeling, to find the reason why I made them.
I feel like they don't represent the way I feel today!

Maybe when I look back on them in the future, I'll get it.

Comments

  1. I think they are beautiful and think you don't have to have a reason to create? I also like it when you take their idea and give your touch. I thin you did that. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts