Rainbow earrings and a butterfly

All week it has rained, with hardly a break.
I don't like driving in the rain.
I haven't left the house since last Friday!

There was a little sun on Wednesday, but I napped most of the day.

Today, I made some more earrings.

These were inspired by some that I saw an actress wearing on a show.

The rest of these inspired by ideas I saw on Pinterest.



There was kind of a theme, I think...

These were pendants that came from Hobby Lobby, already mostly assembled:
Now, I can really say I was saving this project for a rainy day!

While I was looking for the right beads, I dropped a container on the floor!

I pondered the physics of how round objects travel on a flat surface...

Everything got swept up and put away, plus a few dog hairs.

Here is the finished earrings:

After working all morning I went to the patio.

The basil I planted last week is coming up!

The first of three butterflies emerged from its cocoon!

It can't be released in the rain,though.
It will be OK in the container for a day.
I gave it a branch of milkweed flowers, for a snack:


It's cold, though, and doesn't want to move.

I am feeling like the butterfly!
I'd like to fly, but it's safer here inside.

I hope tomorrow will be a sunny day.

Comments

  1. I think today was our last day of rain. I love seeing what you do and what you make. always interesting, Julie. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts