A few creative projects


Here are some projects I've been working on this week, (besides gardening:)

Two or three weeks ago, during the first week of quarantine, I started painting a landscape from one of my own photos.
This is a photo I took last spring:

I got about this far:

Then I left it alone for almost three weeks!
(This is acrylic paint by the way.)

On Tuesday, I was motivated by the newly tidy patio area, that I continued the painting.

I added some more land, and details to the water area:

Here I added some more color to the sky:

This is where it ended up, after about 2 1/2 hours:

Much better!

The land part is still giving me trouble.
I think I'll need to look closer at the photo to see the details, before I call it finished.


Another thing I did this week was button earrings.

These are buttons I got at the Dollar Tree a few months ago.
All I had done so far, was to sort them out and find matching pairs.


Making these earrings was more difficult than some other earrings I have made.
I only made two pairs of earrings:

The metal rings I use to connect them are very stiff, and made my fingers hurt!
But I was really happy with the results.

Today, I was organizing some old sketchbooks and I found TWO new blank sketchbooks!

I must have bought one, got one free, and forgot about it.
Twice.
If that isn't a sign from above to start drawing more, I don't know what is!

Comments

  1. Love the earrings, and I agree it is a sign!
    I am looking forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts