It might rain this week

This morning when I took out the garbage, the sky was full of puffy clouds!

Maybe it will rain this week.

I noticed the orange tree is showing signs of illness.

I didn't pick any oranges this year, this is all it had!

All the citrus in the county are affected by a disease that kills the tree, over several years.

In this case, instead of one big crop, the tree is in various stages of blooming, and also has some unripened fruit.

The fruit it did make, however, was huge.

The tangelo doesn't seem as sick, but it also had about half the fruit as last year:

I have not yet picked a single fruit, when last year it looked like this after I picked bags full...

Maybe it is a lack of rain, but I'm afraid it is that disease.


I didn't go to the beach this weekend. 

The red car is making the tell-tale screechy sound that says it needs new brake pads, so I'm embarrassed to drive it anywhere!

I tried contacting Don the mechanic again. He emailed me the name and number of a guy in Orange who MIGHT be able to fix my brakes AND the green car's transmission. That's all the info I got. I'm sure retirement is difficult for him... 

I've been reluctant to call the stranger. 

I think I will call today. I miss going to the beach...


It wasn't a completely boring weekend.

I've been into embellishing things lately. 

I needed a new purse. I had bought this quilted-looking bag at the craft stores a few months ago, with the plan to use these iron-on patches to embellish it.

I used a heat gun instead of an iron, because I didn't want to search for the iron.

I heated the patch and used a piece of cardboard to press it in place.

It came out as nice as I could hope for!

I did burn the fabric a tiny bit around this hummingbird:


I plan to add more to it, as whenever I get the inspiration. I have tons of buttons, and trim.


I haven't finished embellishing the back of my jean jacket.

I put it away for two weeks, but if I do a little every day, it should be done soon.


I found my new patio bench is great for sitting and sewing.

I found an old TV and antenna and set it up in the patio.

I didn't want to make holes in the wall to connect to the big antenna outside, so coincidentally it only gets "COZI TV" !

Comments

  1. Thanks Julie, I always enjoy seeing what you are up to.I also love seeing youYou jeans jacket and purse are looking great. I hope your trees are not sick and I am really hoping for rain, soon. We are so dry. Please take good care, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts