I erased the pictures from my phone, and tidied up a closet.

















On Friday the staff from our church had a retreat. By the beach.
It was fun and inspiring. We did a lot of team-building exercises.
I went to the beach at lunchtime and collected more little clams:

























I took LOTS of photos.
I was pretty tired at the end of the day...
Instead of copying and pasting, I deleted ALL the pictures in my phone! 😱
(Luckily I empty my phone regularly, so I only lost that 1 day of photos.)


Don the mechanic had said it was OK to deliver my new tires to his shop...
But he wasn't there when FedEx arrived this week!
Now my tires are going BACK to the warehouse! IN ARIZONA!!! 😱 😱
(I'll call the tire company on Monday, and have them sent back to my house)

This actually isn't as bad as it could be.
The friend who installs tires, had his tonsils out, and is still recovering.



Today, Sunday, I stayed home and straightened out the linen closet.
I've been looking for a few documents that I can't find since we remodeled last year.

I already knew I wouldn't find anything in THERE but I just needed to DO something.
When I get stressed, (and especially when I can't go anywhere) I start cleaning.
Sometimes, it's a good thing.

I won't show you the closet "before," but here is everything I took out:















It covers all the living room chairs and tables.

(I'm a Marie Kondo fan, BTW)

Of course, anything that is moved must be inspected by the cat first:






































Once the cat inspected all the shelves, it was safe to start putting things back in:






































Sorting through Mom's scarf collection:

















(The picture at the top of the blog is some scarves, which I rolled up in the crate.)

Here is what I ended up with at the end of the day:






































I still have two crates left to sort-

things that don't stack well, like doilies and sheer curtains.

While I was cleaning I found some old bed linens I liked, and stripped my bed.

This is exactly why the cat is not allowed in my bedroom!

























I'm not allergic, but she leaves a shadow wherever she sits.

I hate eating cat hairs in my sleep!


Anyway, things aren't going great, but I spent a productive day at home.


Comments

  1. Great photos Julie, I need to catch your organizing bug! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts