Autumn walk in the park

On Saturday afternoon, after getting the radiator fixed, I decided to drive somewhere.

I wanted to collect some fall leaves, to draw and paint them.

I decided to go to the Central Park in Huntington Beach, not far from the beach.

(There was the Air Show at the beach itself, so I knew I didn't want to go there.)


The Central Park has a lot of Eucalyptus trees.

























They don't turn colors in the fall, and their leaves are small and boring.

This kind of Eucalyptus also sheds a lot of bark.















The bark was interesting and had me wondering what could be done with it.

I was there for leaves, though, not bark.


There were some trees that had a few colorful fall leaves.

























However, the rest of the park was still very green.

























It didn't really feel like autumn.

I saw a great big spider, next to the moon:

























These evergreen trees looked mysterious:

























It was a nice walk.
It would have been great if the Library was open. They sell books and magazines for 25 cents.

These are the leaves I gathered:

























I started to make some watercolor sketches in my journal.

I outlined the veins in watercolor pencil.

























They didn't come out the way I was hoping.

I drew these in a similar way:


Still, it's an improvement over doing almost no drawing all year!

Comments

  1. I think they are great, and so lad you got your radiator fixed. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts