Beach rocks II


Yesterday when I went to the beach, there was a low tide.

There were rocks and shells everywhere.

























I gathered a few thing, but mostly I was taking pictures.

Here is a short video:



This whole area was mud and tiny shells instead of the usual sand.

I was glad I was wearing shoes!

Here is an assortment of things I collected before it got too dark to see:

























I was really excited to find two stones with naturally weathered holes:

















I could have hung them from a chain, just the way they were.

I decided to decorate the holes instead.

























The little pearls came from Daiso. They are for decorating nails (manicure.)

I also glued on a tiny Swarovski crystal, and a bead.

Here is what I ended up with:





















I did something similar with the other rock:

























This one had two holes, so I added a charm.


A few weeks ago I tried drilling holes into other flat beach rocks, but I wasn't successful.

I feel so lucky to find ones that were already made!

I can't wait to plan a trip to the beach during another low tide.



It's hard to believe I've been to the beach so many times, and never noticed it!


Comments

  1. Really great photos Julie, I love seeing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts