I bought a book on soldering



Last week, I bought a book on soldering and jewelry making.


























Usually I don't like to spend money on a book when I can find a tutorial online.


However, this book had exactly what I needed.


The projects are set up so you can make test pieces, like a sewing sampler.


























Once you are able to make these pieces, there are more skilled projects to do.


It also has very detailed information on every tool, and how to set up a work space.


There is even a DVD included!























I already have a lot of tools described, but I had to buy a better metal punch.


























It comes with 8 different sized holes.

I got this at Michael's and put my 50% off coupon to good use!


This one was able to pierce the thick coins I couldn't get with the smaller punch.



















(This is the 2nd to the smallest -sized hole.

The black stuff is marker, to mark where the hole goes)



One day, though, I'm going to need a drill-press thing...



Today, I started on the sample squares.

Even though they were beginning projects, all are things I haven't really tried yet.



I have most of the tools I need, like pliers, a torch, and this jewelry saw.


























I don't have a "bench block" so I used the drawer of the desk and a vise to hold the piece.


I spent about two hours trying to manipulate the saw and piece.



It might have helped if I watched the DVD, but I haven't yet!


























In the end I made 3 out of the 16 sampler square projects.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts