Green girl inspires some earrings


Blackberries






















Today was a short day at work.

There wasn't enough time to go to the beach.

I decided to stay in, and work on some art instead.


I haven't been doing enough art in my journal, so I forced myself to sit still until I made something.


At first, I worked on a collage.

I liked this green patterned paper and made a border.





























I filled in the white space with green acrylic paints and a little black.




























I felt like the frame needed a person.


I added pieces of different fashion models.


























I colored all the torn paper edges with more green and black paint.


It needed better hair, so I added that.



























At the end I thought she needed a jeweled belt.


While searching for jewelry pictures, I found this idea for earrings:



























Right on my desk were these plastic stones I'd just bought at Hobby Lobby.



























They are made for stretch elastic, but metal pins worked too.


I tried using only green, like the idea I was going to copy.






















This seemed to make the scratches in the plastic stand out.

Instead I used a contrast of bright pink and green.


It was tricky to assemble, but I figured it out.


























I was happy with the inspired results!

Comments

Popular Posts