A very long walk in Peter's canyon



On Sunday I went again to Peter's Canyon.















Another week has gone by and it is a little less green.

I was determined to find the end of the canyon, so I gave myself over 2 hours before sunset.

I bypassed the very steep hill.

I followed the trail toward the bottom of the canyon.
















I found a watery area, but there was nothing really interesting living in the stream.















I was hoping for pollywogs but these flowers were nice.


I noticed that there were new faux-wood bridges so it was easy to walk over the mud.


























New for me, but I haven't been here in over ten years.


The clouds began to roll in, and it got dark early.
















It was probably a nice sunset at the beach...


It's about time for the snakes to come out.

I didn't see any rattlesnakes but I saw a great big gopher snake.














These are not venomous, but I don't think many people would look closely, to see.















I think if I start to see many rattlesnakes, though, I will go back to walking at the beach...


There is a trail on the ridge that goes back to the great big steep hill.

It was getting dark, so I turned around and headed back, instead.

I ended up walking back the same way I came.
















The park closes at sunset (7:30 pm) and the parking lot at 8 pm.

I made it back to the parking lot just in time!















I would hike more, but I don't like leaving my car alone for very long.


Comments

  1. Don't blame you that's a jazzy car!
    Sometime you'll have to visit me on your way home?
    I am 2 miles from Peters Canyon Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, Jacki! That whole area is nice even to drive by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not in the big fancy houses, but yes it's a nice neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts