Mixed media class with Jacki Long



I haven't been blogging much, but I'm catching up.


Last weekend, Dad had a bad stomach flu.

I caught it a few days later (right after my hike last Sunday) and missed a day of work.

I didn't blog much, because the rest of the week flew by.

I was mostly worried about Dad, because of his frail health.

I had to make sure he was eating and drinking enough, but now we are all fine.




A few weeks ago, I signed up for an all day art class with artist Jacki Long.

These classes are provided through the local art store, Art Supply Warehouse:

https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/catalyst.php


They provide all the tools and supplies.

We get a whole day to focus on art without interruptions, and Jacki provides the inspriration.

Jacki is a great teacher.

She gives us techinques to try and a direction to go in, but doesn't interfere with our creativity.


Jacki blogs every single day, here:

http://jackilong.blogspot.com



The class was Saturday (yesterday.)



You can see the rest of the class work at Jacki's blog.





We started out doing some scribbles on paper, like tissue paper.





















We also did an abstract collage, on a 4" x 4" piece of masonite board canvas.






























These small squares are hard for me, because I don't usually work small.





I also put paper on the back side:






























A new thing we did today was work from a photo which the teacher took that day.


The art store printed them up, and then we could collage or destroy the photos.



I kept mine pretty simple, and just got rid of some messy hair and double chins!



























I added a body I got from a magazine.


 The background was some of that paper I scribbled patterns on.





We also worked on a "Stamp Person."


We get a postage stamp with a face on it, and build a body for it.









































This was hard for me because I started from the feet up, instead of from the head down!

Also I made an elaborate acrylic painted background which never quite dried.


Jacki suggests I might later outline the body in marker.



The tables at the class were covered with canvas to catch spills.

Jacki also gave us big sheets of architectural plan paper to use.

At the end of the day, I used somebody's left over paint and colored some of this paper.























It can be torn up and used as a collage, later.


At the end of the day I was covered with paint, and happy, because I made art.



Comments

  1. So glad you are over your flu and hope you Dad remains strong.
    I love it when you're in class! You have all this art talent just waiting to have time to come out.You did a great job covering the class in your blog, you covered everything! ;o)
    activities

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts