Another walk in the weeds




I see I haven't blogged in awhile.

This has been sitting in my "draft" box all week.

I have more to blog about, but I need to get this one out of the way!


Last Sunday, (1 week ago) I went to Peter's Canyon Park, which is adjacent to Irvine Park.

















One of my bosses went there a few weeks ago and said it was very nice.



I thought it would be nice to see the flowers and greens before it dries up.


















Although there were a lot of cars in the lot, I found plenty of parking.


It was a little late, 5 PM.


I didn't run into too many people.











































The paths were overgrown with weeds and tall mustard plants.










































This park kind of feels like a square, but it isn't.


It is a walk around a small dam and reservoir.


I went here maybe 10 years ago and it was dry.


















It was a surprise to see so much water in the reservoir.


I wanted to get close to the water, but the trail led around the lake instead.


Most of the plants were weedy, but there were a few surprising purple flowers.

















I have noticed that in the parks I've been to, the conservation groups have done a lot to get rid of weeds and re-introduce a variety of plants in the last 10 years or so.


The trail went up a big hill, which was good exercise.


















I had a look around.


I could have continued to the dam (going counterclockwise)

and returned to the parking lot, but it was getting dark and I didn't want to get stuck out there.


















I liked the sunflowers at the beach better, but it was nice being in the "country."


This park isn't much farther away, and I intend to explore it again, the next chance I get.




Comments

  1. Peters canyon is close to me. That is a worthy hill to climb with a nice view and even a bench if you make it to the top.
    Glad you liked it, there was much more greenery before the fire last year. Great photos, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts