Too much rain?



This week it rained every other day.

I did not have time to sulk, or do any drawing.

My aunt and uncle came driving from Ohio on the way to visit my cousin in northern California.

When I wasn't working, I was cleaning the house.

It had not been thoroughly cleaned since last year, maybe!




The cat was not happy that I had to take away the kitchen chair cushions for a wash.


























But she decided the rug I found at Ikea was made out of catnip!





















It is going to turn black with dirt and cat hair, immediately, but it was cheap.




Way cheaper than these imported patchwork rugs:





















Maybe next time.





Like alot of people, I've been watching that home organizer, Marie Kondo, on Netflix.

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/tidying-up-marie-kondo-cleaning-tips/


Her book was popular when it came out a couple years ago, and referenced a lot in magazines and TV shows.

I was familiar with the themes and it did inspire me to get rid of a lot of clutter.


I haven't been able to get to the Salvation Army because of the rain, but I have a big contribution.





Besides cleaning, I spent a lot of time visiting home stores for ideas.


I saw that Ikea is now selling solar-powered lanterns, like the ones I tried to make last year.


























I made them with dollar store paper lanterns and solar garden light stakes.





























The paper disintegrated after awhile, even though I sprayed them with sealant.


The solar cells didn't get enough light, so they only lit up once or twice.





Big Lots also featured a lot of garden "chandeliers," this time when I went.






























I also tried to make one last year with a thrift store chandelier, and more solar stake lights.


























This one has been more durable, but I was disappointed that it did not throw much light.







This weekend, I completed this project:




























I bought some small containers from Target and Daiso.


I filled them with gravel, and planted them with succulents from my garden.



Comments

  1. Your house looks nice Julie! And, you're ahead of your time with your earlier inventions, they are just catching up. I like your little cacti too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts