Been there, done that



This week I didn't get out much.

I didn't go walking at the beach like I hoped.



Mostly I have been tidying up the house and yard.

My aunt and uncle (Dad's brother) is coming to visit next week!




One thing that has been bothering me is what to do with the entry way.


Reality:





















I'd like it to look like this tho:




























I'd especially like something other than that WalMart carpet runner!




The door just doesn't fit anything under it now, since they put in the laminate floor.

It's too high.




Now that the floors are "wood," instead of carpet, I don't know how to deal with rugs.




One thing I did was move the rear seats (and other portions) of the green car out of the common area of the patio.


I shoved them in my closet.





















Yes, really.


I had friends in college who kept their racing slicks (tires) in their bedroom, so, whatever.





I have done nothing to fix the Green car interior up in at least a month....

There are pieces of it everywhere and Don is going to retire any day now.

I am pretty depressed about it all, and just avoiding the inevitable.





I saw this photo album in my closet.
































I didn't know it, but inside were pictures about the original Green car, and drag racing it.




















































Those days are long gone.





I spent a weepy while thinking about those times.

And looked a mess the next day at "work..."



Here's an old school video, too!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnaSVtI4x0






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-bSalJOCvI


Uh Oh.

I blew up another motor! Probably why I don't drag race anymore!




I did find an entry rug I liked at Ross, for $15.00





But now the other rugs don't match...



"First world problems."


Comments

  1. First of all I love your new rug. Second, nobody sees your car parts but you, so no big deal, right? The photos of your green car are great, and I loved the videos, you are a road warrior! And nobody would ever guess! Isn't that cool? Surprise! Lots of good things in your future too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts