Gelli plate transfers and some collages



I'm mostly done with home things.


The first week of every 3rd month is garage sale weekend in Santa Ana.


Maybe this weekend I'll try a yard sale, for the first time...


I keep saying that.




During the week I made some collages.

I tried transferring images to a Gelli plate.



























Basically it involves rolling acrylic paint onto a Gelli plate,

then slapping it on top of a high-contrast magazine image.

When you peel the Gelli plate off it sometimes transfers the image to the plate.

Then you can stamp it onto a paper.

There are tutorials online...



The previous one didn't transfer well, but this one did:


























This is the reverse.

Both were supposed to be horses.



Next I laid them on my sketchbook paper to make a print.




























Also there was a lot of left-over paint on the roller, which makes up the page border.

Doing this process builds up a lot of left-over paint on your brayer.




This one didn't really do the transfer, so I made a collage instead.






























This one transferred better:





























I also added collage to it.





























Making collage is very therapeutic, especially when you have artist block.



I often feel guilty about not drawing as much as I should.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts