I recovered some patio chairs




 Today was a holiday, President's day.


It was clear but some clouds came up in the afternoon.


















I spent the day doing a craft.

We have this patio table and chairs.




















I'm pretty sure it belonged to one of my uncles, who moved back to Texas.

The table has been painted several times.

It's supposed to be "bronze" now. It has also been white, and black.



The last time I re-covered the seats was about 5 years ago.

In fact the craft store, Jo-Ann's, still had that same fabric.

It is outdoors-type canvas. I used 1 1/4 yards.



















I picked a similar color scheme but a brighter pattern.

I am really into navy blue and Spanish tile patterns this year.





















I gathered the cloth, used a staple gun, and covered whatever was under it.





These yellow vinyl seats are what was under it.



























The staples that hold down the vinyl are firmly embedded in the wood.

Apparently I couldn't remove them last time, either.



Here, I am putting on the new fabric.



















Then I trimmed the excess.

It took about 20 minutes to do each seat.






Here is before and after:




















Working outside in the patio, I was aware of the weather and the clouds moving in.


 I thought about going to the beach again, because the sunset might be interesting.


















Still no rainbows!


The sky grew darker. It rained a bit, and I decided to stay home.



I didn't go to the beach, but I did take a picture of the interesting clouds.


















The chairs turned out nice, too, (although it had gotten dark when I took the picture.)


























I'm also happy that the patio is now clean enough to be in a picture!


Comments

  1. Great project, well done Julie1 Yes, there were some great clouds this afternoon when I was driving, I would have liked to take pictures, but didn't want to take the time to pullover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts