I bought an old chair.




A year ago, the house was remodeled.

The carpet became laminate floor. We had to pack everything away.

A lot of things ended up in the patio / sunroom.



Last week, my aunt and uncle visited from Ohio.

I moved a lot of things out of the patio and made it live-able.

Although my visitors have traveled on, I kept making improvements to the patio.


One thing I wanted was a comfortable place to sit.



I envisioned a bench or small sofa thing. I wanted to put it here by the windows:


















Instead of this left-over kitchen chair and kitchen cart.




There is a lot of patio furniture in the stores these days.

Much of it is wicker. I hate wicker. It's impossible to clean.




Stores like Ross and Home Goods have the kind of bench I want.


It would not be a bench meant for outdoor use.










If only they weren't so beige.























Target has this but it's not the style I like:


















All the trends right now are mid-centurty, modern.


Eventually, I will find what I want.




Friday, I went to the antique stores in Orange.

I bought a useful oak kitchen table there last year.




They have some awesome Victorian sofas for super cheap!

















But this one was also kinda beige, and this would be too hard of a project to reupholster.

( I haven't even finished the car yet...)




I liked this bench but it was $500 and that's too much to spend on patio furniture.























This glider/ rocking chair caught my eye.


























The wood work was amazing.

It was exactly NOT what I wanted.

I do not like rocking chairs at all.

The shop lady said it was $49 and from the 1890's.




Well, after much thought,  I went back and bought it the next day.



























It creaks like crazy when I first climb in, and there are patches in the seat.

But the rocking mechanism works smoothly.

It's comfortable, and 130 years old, and that makes me happy with it.




I ended up putting it in a corner of the patio, next to the radio.



























With an ottoman and a cushion it's just like an easy chair.

I need a better chair covering than these ones from Daiso, though.



And it wasn't even $49 it was $40! (but now I can't find the receipt to prove it.)


Silly kids buying their Mid-Century Modern stuff.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts