2nd week of December


This week was full of adversity.

















After the rain and my cold, I had mostly parked the cars.

When I started them up after they sat idle for days, I found several problems.




The green car's radiator was empty, but I couldn't find out where the water went.

I also had to add oil and power steering fluid, but that's normal.


Once it got going, it wasn't blinking on one side, which meant there was a bulb out.

I examined all the bulbs, but they didn't seem to be burned out.




I decided to drive the red car instead, but the window motor went bad!

There are no knobs, it's electric.

So the window won't roll up all the way!

Fixing it requires taking the whole door apart.


I called Don, but he was sick, too.

Hopefully I can get it fixed before the next rain...




Fixing the non-blinking problem seemed easier.

Today, I took the rear bumper apart again.

















None of the bulbs looked bad, but apparently one was loose.

It's working fine again, and I'm happy at least one of the cars is road-worthy.


Also today I mailed my Christmas cards (generic, not hand-made) so I have one less thing to worry about.




Yesterday, I went to an office holiday party at Newport Rib Company.

















Dad went too, and he had a good time.



We had a gift exchange and I got several cool things.

I sat across from a co-worker with a really cool necklace.

To my surprise she was my secret Santa and gave me one, too!


















It was really neat, because it's crochet and I can't do anything like this.


(The person I got was a guy, so I didn't make any jewelry for gifts.)




I did try to make some jewelry for myself to wear.

I got some neat glass beads that looked like peppermints, from Michael's.



























The knot in the stretch bracelet kept unraveling, so I couldn't wear it.

( I did make earrings to match, but I can't find them to photograph, now.)





I also made these native-looking earrings for the Guadalupe day festival.

















I talked to the office manager and learned that I was mistaken about the new person who was hired.

They hired him before the holidays, because many people were going on vacation.

I had the new employee date mixed up with an employee training seminar, which will take place in January.


Now I just feel dumb for getting upset about nothing, and also for bringing it up.

Comments

  1. Don't feel dumb, we all know you are not, but you are human and allowed to make mistakes like we all do. Some of us quite often.Sorry abut your old and hope you are feeling better by now? I meant to tell you I like your new blog page layout, it goes great with your terrific photos. Third week is bound to be better! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts