I spent the holiday recharging


This week was Christmas.


Because of the holidays, this week and next, I'll be working a total of 3 days each week!

Although I have been anxious about getting my hours cut at work, I also appreciate the time off.


I regret not going anywhere and photographing a lot of nice sunsets.

But, I also got a lot of rest.



For Christmas Dad gave me some beads. Cool!

















Usually when I get new beads I sort them out and keep them in mind.

Later, I'll get an idea and use them.




I made a few jewelry things on Christmas.



I looked at a color forecast for Summer 2019.
















Even though I don't really follow trends, I like looking at fashion and color predictions for inspiration.

These pastel colors are very soothing.




One thing I did a lot this year is take old jewelry I made and doing it over.





I had some ceramic beads with roses on them that once were part of a necklace I made for Mom.

I looked at this idea online:





I came up with something really close:






















It's fun to be able to look at something and recreate it pretty well.


I also made this necklace to match:



























After going through all that trouble I think I will make it into a bracelet.





I had these plastic charms for a year and didn't know what to do with them:






















I saw this idea online:






















These came out really nice.























Everyone asks me to sell my jewelry.

It's still too hard to part with the things that I really like!

(And the not-so good stuff gets recycled.)





Yesterday I also made time to see Don about the Red car's window that wouldn't roll up...

















It was stuck like this for a few weeks!


It's fixed now, but that was an adventure for another day's blog.





Comments

  1. I love that your Dad gave you beads! You make beautiful jewelry Julie.
    And, I thin if got some rest over the holidays, that also is a gift? Take good care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts