Window fixed, starting a project with seashells





Today was my regular day off. I still have tomorrow and Tuesday to go.

I'm getting cabin fever already.



I hate vacations.




On Friday I went back to Don's shop and he put the interior of the door back together.
















These things are all plastic and over 26 years old.


It's a miracle they all went back together without breaking!




I took some creative pictures around the shop.


Don is always putting together engine blocks.



He specializes in Chevy 350 engines that go into 80's and 90's cars.





I took a closer look.


















The current trend would probably be the LS3 but I'm not into trends
(that I can't afford)


I like hanging around for the friendship and the ambiance.






I secretly took a picture of Don's tool box...









































Being allowed to explore here is an irreplaceable memory.




Also Don fixed a noise from the back of the car which was a minor brake issue.


















Here is the car on the rack with supports to suspend the rear.

This way he could remove the wheels while the car is up.



Maybe this week I will return, to get the Green car interior back together.




Today (Sunday) I hoped to draw in my journal, but instead I started organizing.


I began to organize my collection of seashells.




















I'm not interested in seashells at all.

Just a hoarder of craft stuff.

I had about 3 or 4 small bags from the craft stores, never used them in a project.



(I apologize for any damage to the environment in the harvesting of these shells...)



After taking out all my shells and sorting them out, I had an idea.


There was this shadow box that Mom bought for a project many years ago and never used.



























I googled "how to display seashells in a shadow box" (It's a Thing)

and came up with many ideas...


I had those smaller shells and also these larger ones.






















At one point I displayed them in this glass box I got at Hobby Lobby.




This post is getting long so I'll continue it tomorrow!


When it rains, it pours.







Comments

  1. Glad your window is fixed. You were right, great shots of machinery etc. Wishing you the best, healthiest, happiest year ever (so far) in 2019, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts