I gave myself work for Christmas

 I can't believe it's already Tuesday! Christmas was several days ago.

I spent the 24th at work, and got a pretty picture of a sunset.


There wasn't a lot to do at the office. 

I was tasked with updating the office bulletin board of birthdays.

I was very excited to get to do this, because there are a usually a lot of people at the office who also need to get a turn at doing the fun, creative type of tasks!

I went to the Dollar Tree and a few other places to get ideas.

I was most excited about this colored gift wrapping paper from the Dollar Tree!

I used it for the background.


I chose the green instead of the pink, because it was more gender-neutral.

In the end, I ended up using the same sparkly border, and balloon-shaped cutouts.

It was a little busy looking, but I was trying to make things look a little more festive!


At home over the holidays I didn't do much. 

Dad is doing alright.


After Christmas, I got myself a gift of shelves from IKEA, for the patio.

It was nice to put together something easy, like the shelves.

The last thing I made from IKEA was a huge chest of drawers, and that took all day to build!

One of the problems I have is that the patio walls are prefabricated stuff, so I can't really put any screws or hang anything, like plants, from the walls.

That's why I got the shelves.

I got rid of a lot of storage crates, (and the microwave,) which I had been using as plant stands.

Here is a view in the other direction:

Still cluttered, but not nearly as bad as it was before.

Here is one of the pictures from Pinterest, that I looked at as my "indoor plants goal:"

My plants just need to grow, and soon I'll have a patio just like the ones I admire!

Comments

  1. Looks really good, Julie. I love your projects. Happy, Healthy New Year in 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts