A little greenhouse to start seeds

Last year, when I realized I was going to have a lot of free time, I tried to start a vegetable garden.


It was already April, before I even got started.


It was not until summer when I put things into the ground.

In the end, I only ended up with two tomato plants and two squash vines.

This time, I'm starting right away.

Last year, it seemed like many of the seeds I started, got dry, and didn't sprout.

My new idea was to make mini-greenhouses.

I bought some seed starting soil, and I bought some plastic trays at the Dollar Tree.

These trays fit my little egg cartons, where I will put the soil.


I covered it with a second tray, to make like a little greenhouse!


I have very high expectations for my vegetable patch, this year.

Another thing I got at the Dollar Tree was this container for carrying cupcakes:

It was just the right size to fit these little pots left over from another project.

This has a snap on lid, so it hold in the moisture better.


I thought I would be using my new shelves to put all my started seeds.

Instead I put the "greenhouses" in another corner, where they get the winter sun.


I did put a few pots on one of the new shelves.


I wasn't planning on filling all these pots, but I had a lot of seeds.

I might go back to the dollar store and see what I can do to make a cover for them.

Here is a view of the other new shelf, it's also full of junk, now!



Comments

  1. Very cool, Julie! It looks like a great location for your seeds to grow. You're great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts