Christmas lights.

I've been keeping myself busy the last week or so.

I started off by deciding to put up my Christmas lights, after Thanksgiving.

I felt like this year required extra cheer, so I would try to put up all the lights I had.


The exterior of the house was painted in January of 2018. 

All of the nails I had used to hide the wires (like these) had been removed:


This means that for the last TWO Christmases, I either put up NO lights, or ONLY on the bushes.

Before I put up the lights, I had to tidy the yard plants. That was another delay.

Also while moving boxes around in the garage, I got distracted and had to"clean" for a day.


This is why I only JUST put up the lights on Saturday (the 5th.)


This year, I did something new with the lights. 
I used some wire fencing, (from the back yard,) and ran a sting of lights along the lawn.

The whole assembly took at least 5 hours, on Saturday.

I didn't take any pictures until today, Tuesday! 

Here is what it looks like:

Now I feel like the roof edges need something...


I even put up a nativity in the flower box:

While cleaning, I also found my Sparkle Balls, which are in various states of disrepair. 


If I can find a glue gun that works, I plan to put these up, too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts