I can't wait for spring!

This weekend, I repaired my old Sparkle Balls, and made two new ones.


I didn't include instructions in the blog this year.

I didn't invent them, you can find instructions anywhere on the web.

The standard size uses exactly 50 punch cups and 50 lights, and makes about a 15" diameter ball.


I made new ones this year, with plastic shot glasses, from the Dollar Tree. It makes a smaller ball.

They use about 85 or 90 cups (I didn't bother to count them) and take 100 string lights.


Here they are on the house (the two bright ones on the right)


They don't photograph well, from afar, but they look nice up close:


Now I feel like I'm finished with the lights on the house!


While I was working on the sparkle balls in the patio, I got ideas for arranging the houseplants.

I got some ideas about how to group them better.

I'd like to move these storage containers to the garage, and get some nicer tables or a shelf.

I made some room in the garage, when I dug around for my Christmas lights.

But now I will need a new shelf or something for the plants!

Here's the other side of the patio:


It was even worse a few weeks ago... and it can still be improved!

I can't wait for spring!

Comments

Popular Posts