Decorating plant pots

This past week, I worked on a craft for my patio.

I'm really looking forward for spring to come!

I had a bunch of these pots that plants come in, when you get them from the store.

I thought I would clean and paint them, and decorate them to use indoors.

I wanted to stick to a color scheme, like blue and white.

This plastic soap dispenser is like the colors I was aiming for:

I spray painted the pots white.


I got some stickers, stencils, and tape from the dollar stores.


I had an issue with the stencil not fitting. 

The pots are shaped more like a cone than a cylinder.

I picked out the most cylindrical of the pots, but the stencil still looked weird.

I spray painted it, anyway!

I think needed to spray from a distance, and mask more. 

I continued to spray paint the rest of the pot.

It didn't come out great, but I thought the color was all right.

The next thing I tried were these "wall" stickers from the Dollar Tree.

These butterflies were the color I was looking for:


They looked very nice on the pot:


Unfortunately, they are designed to use on walls, and had very little "stick."'

I took them off the pot and put them on the patio door:

At least I know they will be easy to remove, when I get tired of them.


This tape was from Daiso. It's very thin, like packing tape. 

I began cutting it into pieces to follow the shape of the pot.

I was going to cover the whole surface, but I liked the patchwork effect.

The decorated pot looked very cute with its already-blue companions:

I have three more white pots, which I will decorate next...


Comments

  1. Another clever project, Julie! I love to see your adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts