Building the new fence

Sunday and Monday, the fence builder came and started working.

One thing I noticed was that I had a much higher yard than the neighbor.
There is going to be a lot of dirt moved.


Several wheel barrows full.

I asked about having it taken to the dump, but it would be cheaper just to put it elsewhere.
Yesterday, we looked around to where we could put it.

We decided it could go into this raised bed, which is supposed to be a vegetable garden.

It was the last area of the yard, that I didn't weed this summer.

It became a kind of junk pile, when I couldn't fit any more clippings into the trash can.

Dad felt well enough to take the weed whacker to it.

The cat had to inspect the process.

Today when I left for work there was a big pile of bricks in the neighbor's front yard.

When I returned in the evening, the brick pile was much smaller!
The fence builder had laid the cement foundation, as well as the rebar.
The man helped by scattering the dirt throughout the yard.
There are piles of dirt everywhere!
The garden corner is looking much improved.
I can add some compost to "amend" the topsoil and make it good for gardening.
While I was weeding the area yesterday, I found something in the dirt.
 A marble!

It inspired me to make all kinds of things...

Comments

  1. Your yard will be so nice, and I am hoping you might try a garden in the new space?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts