Sunset pictures at Huntington Beach Pier

On Saturday afternoon I went to the Huntington Beach Pier.

It was my day off and I had a choice of beaches to go to.
I picked the pier because some of the other beaches have dirt trails, and sometimes they get closed if it was too rainy. So the Pier is always a safe bet.

The clouds blew away very quickly, and it was another bright sunny afternoon.


I think I like taking pictures by the pier because the pier blocks some of the blinding sunlight!


Saturday was also the monthly low tide.

Now that I know to look up the tide chart, I'm more likely to get pictures like these.

This day, there was a lot of seaweed washed ashore from the previous day's storm.

For a nice sunset, all you need are a few clouds.

These pictures are slightly different than the ones I posted on my Facebook channel.

I also experimented with black & white effects.

The result was a little too intense and kind of scary!

At the end of the day, the little birds in the sand reminded me of the people walking on the pier:

Comments

Popular Posts