Catching up on the weekend - Friday


Things seemed pretty slow lately, but after looking through my phone, I found enough things to blog about for days to come.

Friday was my day off. I went to the Seal Beach pier for a walk.

Also, they sell seashells there, which I use for different projects.


The police station is on the pier.
It's not unusual to see the police cars parked here.

Friday, there seemed to be more than usual.


There were even police on the pier itself.

Also tons of emergency vehicles in the parking lot.


I thought perhaps somebody had drowned.

I continued to walk toward the pier.


Despite all the activity and excitement, it wasn't a complete tragedy.


There was just a lady with problems, who went for a swim with her clothes on.


She decided she was drowning, but when they went to rescue her, she refused to be helped and wouldn't get on the boat.


Besides all the police, there were two coast guard boats and two helicopters!

Luckily, it ended well and she was taken away, with much noise and drama, in a boat.
I made a video, but I will not share it here for the poor lady's sake.

After that, I didn't get many interesting pictures from the pier.

There was a full moon and it made a nice reflection on the water.


I did buy more shells and stones at the seashell store.

I haven't done anything with them yet, so I'll put those pictures up later.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts