Rainbows after the rain

This weekend we had rain.

Friday was very warm and looking like a nice day to go to the beach, but I had to work.



I felt like I hardly got any work done, because I was daydreaming about the weather.



Saturday was my day off.

Since I never fixed the leaking brake on the Red Car, it got more air in the brake lines.
I didn't lose the brakes this time, it just made a light go on.



I was in dismay.
Earlier in the week, Don the mechanic told me that he couldn't work on my transmission for the Green car, because he was really and truly closing his shop at the end of the month.
However, since the brake problem was not a big job, he agreed to help.

There were a few friends there.


Don was moving parts from his son's car to another, so they could be sold.

His shop was not looking like he was moving very soon.
It looked the same as usual, just packed with parts from top to bottom.

After he fixed my brake (temporarily, because I have not bought the part yet)
it rained quite a bit.
It was a real downpour, even with tiny bits of hail, so I decided to wait it out.
When the sun came out again, I saw the best double rainbow in years!

It was too bad I was in this industrial place, and not out in nature!
Somebody out there got some amazing pictures, you can be sure.

The best I could do, was get a picture of my car with the rainbow.

Here is a full-resolution close-up, of part of the rainbow:

Under the main rainbow was some other kind of spectrum thing happening.
Like 2 or 3 mini rainbows.
It almost shows up in the photo, if you kind of look away.
This picture is not enhanced at all. I love my phone!

I looked it up and it wasn't a hallucination, is called a "supernumary rainbow."


After that, the sky cleared up.
I was glad Don was still around, although he is not happy that he hasn't cleared out yet.

After dinner I went to the beach, because it was going to be a good day for sunset pictures...

Comments

Popular Posts