The bluff at the middle of Bolsa Chica


On Tuesday I got out of work at 5pm.

I had time to eat dinner, work on the blog, and there was still lots of daylight left.

The sky looked really likely for a good sunset so I headed out.
















I went back to the Bolsa Chica Ecological Preserve in Huntington Beach.

This has a better view of the sky than the canyon.

It's about the same distance away from home, but in the opposite direction.

It rained a bit Monday so there was a lot of moisture ( = clouds)  in the air















Unfortunately most of these interesting clouds blew away before the sun set.

The plants were similar to the canyon but also drying out.















I had made it to the center of the park, a bluff with trees, once.

This time I wanted to explore that area more.















The shrubbery was tall, almost as tall as myself.

I felt more afraid of finding a snake here than in the canyon!

Around here, I met a song sparrow.




















I turned left and saw some Great Big Herons nesting in some palm trees.

The path went up toward the houses or down among the dead trees.















I thought the trees were depressing.

I followed the fence line toward the houses.

I still got some interesting pictures of the trees.















I walked until almost sunset. Then it was time to walk back















The sunset was awesome, but the pictures only came out ok.


I also posted these and other pictures to my new Instagram page,

https://www.instagram.com/julibshine/

Not sure why I never had a page on Instagram before...

I guess I'm taking more pictures now with the phone, and making less crafty-things.


Comments

Popular Posts