Step by step cord and shell buttons bracelet


Just about every other day I am going out and walking and taking pictures.




















I find more and more often that I accidentally take a selfie.

Seeing myself is not as scary as it used to be!


I'm still making excuses for not sitting down and doing arts and crafts.

Well, editing all these photos is kind of like art...


Over the weekend I cleaned off my drawing table and made some jewelry.

I changed these smashed penny earrings I made last month.

























I added a bright blue bead instead.


























Another thing I did over the weekend was a bracelet.


This year, the church carnival is having a Hawaiian theme.

I wanted to make something that would go with the tropical theme.

I had these shell buttons.

























Last year, I figured out how to string buttons, so I kind of knew what I was doing.

The idea was something I saw online, like a "friendship bracelet"

The center piece was a small cowrie shell.















Making knots gives me anxiety, so I used a bead in between the shell buttons.
















It was a slow and tedious project.

At the end, I knew I would need a kind of slip knot to finish the bracelet.

I followed this tutorial online.

http://www.metalclay.co.uk/how-to-tie-a-single-sliding-knot-for-bracelets-and-necklaces/


The tutorial uses two different colors of cord, so you can see the knot.

I also used a different color of cord so I could see what I was doing.




















Even so, all the ends of the cords were very confusing!

























Starting over, I found that it helped to hold down the ends of the cord with pliers.

















Here is how it ended up:

























This is the kind of knot where you can pull the ends to tighten the bracelet.

I would have liked it better if the buttons were smaller. They are about 3/4 inch.

The cord is supposed to match, so it all looks like the same piece.

But I was glad I stuck to it, and made this knot for the first time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts